Wednesday 25 April 2012

By way of introduction.


We're Friends I swear.



  So mostly my Job consists of hangin' out with the young man pictured on the left of your screen. His name is Simon. Simon is  funny, bright eyed, caring, gentle, a serious fan of Disney films and profoundly Autistic.
  Simon has very little language and so he must express himself in other ways, mostly physical, and in the short time that I've been here, I think I've seen almost the whole range of his physical expression, except for the most extreme manifestations of his frustration or pain, which I'm told are not nice. But if you lived in a body that didn't make sense to you, surrounded by idiots who  were too loud, and didn't understand what you were trying to say no matter how nicely you ask for help, you'd get upset too, wouldn't you? Simon and I have had one run in a little like that, the long and short of it is; I took some of his crisps in the park one day, and now I know that one simply does not take any of Simons crisps if you don't want a good hand squeezin'!! My fault, now I know, sorry.


   A typical day for me and Simon involves food, Disney sing-a-long's and an excursion of some kind, twice a week to the swimming pool and the rest of the week on walks around Geneva or in parks near(ish) by. I'm a month in, and I have to say I'm liking Geneva, I feel like I can really serve here, not just in the House here but also amongst the Genevois Baha'is and beyond. I don't acctually have a huge amount of time left here but I feel like I can maybe make that time count, like I can leave the place better then I was when I found it.

  Well I gotta go walkies now, so I'll try to post up something again in the next week, I really need to keep this thing runnin at least while I'm here anyway, journaling feels weird, but somehow blogging is ok... go Figure. It's probably just because I need attention all the time to feel valid.

 Ok, talk soon gentle reader.
  All the best,
 Kev.
 

No comments: