Wednesday 11 April 2012

So now I live in Geneva

A Room with a view.
Well... My room anyway.


  So now I live in Geneva... and that kinda just happened.
  Since last we met my life has changed very dramatically, too dramatically to go into, but the long and short of it is, I left theatre 2 years ago to get into psychology, and essentially that has led me to here; living with a family in Switzerland who have 2 autistic adult sons, one of whom, needs a little extra supervision.

  The experience so far has been exhilarating, and moving, and confirming, and has kinda left me with some ideas that I don't have words for, and more certainty around ideas I've read in the past.

  As most of you know I've been engrossed in the Human Givens form of therapy since 2010, and in working and living with bot an Aspie and someone with profound ASD I can see where the "Waterbaby Theory" and the Caetextia ideas came from. Getting to work hands on with these ideas, while still having time to read ("Reality is broken"; great book if you like humans and games) and getting to build a sense of rapport with these guys, not to mention the rest of the family has been intriguing, a little trying, but mostly just gratifying. The fact that they are both adults has added an interesting spin to this experience.
 
  I'd really like to use this blog as a place to work this out in my head, and to maintain it better then I have in the past, but we all know I've made that promise before, so lets see how that goes.

  Good luck and God bless gentle reader, hopefully I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: