Monday 25 December 2006

Sunrise over Nazareth.

OK so I work in Israel, not for much longer as the last post may suggest, and seein as how its Christmas, and I live in the cradle of Christianity but am not a christian (nor is the country) I've been asked how the Christmas feeling is hitting me, well let me say this then and be done with it. I work security in Haifa, which is a city which takes up the whole north face of mount Carmel and I was working night shift from 12 on the 25 the 7 on the same morning and... watching the sun rise over the mountains of Nazareth and bounce off the lakes between Haifa and the other mountains and then bounce off the Golden dome of the shrine of the Bab in the Baha'i Gardens was one of the most "religious" experiences of my life, silent, orange and perfect every one who has done my job has seen it and knows just how amazing this place looks from Yeffe Nov and I hadn't realised it was even Christmas until I saw that spectacle and had to make an effort to not cry and it occured to me that God might have put something extra in, what with the morning thats in it...

No comments: