Tuesday 19 December 2006

Things I miss.....hmmm..you know thats a good question.

I'm getting ready (in a purely emotional sense) to go home after what will end up being pretty much 1 year and 3 hours in another country. 1 year out of my parents house, out of Ireland and lets face it out of places where alcohol and weed have been involved and to be honest I'm not sure how I feel about the prospect of going back to that, not Ireland or my parents house just the vice to be honest. I know my homies wanna drink and get high and I'd like to think I'm OK with that, but I'm starting to realize that I'm really not, I don't wanna see people I love doing things I Hate. I think anyone who has ever done what I'm doing right now knows how I feel, I've seen some of the world out side of Limerick and it rocks, and I've learned about me and my faith and some more languages and..... lots of stuff and kinda think that pubs in little ol' Limerick will never feel the same again, not that its not a great place with a lot of potential. I can't wait to see the homies and roll with my "gangstas" for a bit and maybe play some gigs around the town but this place is so fantastic and I don't want to leave it yet, or maybe I'm afraid I'll forget what happened here if I'm not in it. Kind of an emotional conundrum really, and since that's the kind of stuff I tell people to just move on from I suppose I'll do the same my self, but this blogging thing is more than just a little therapeutic.

No comments: