Thursday 1 March 2007

And after that...

Having languished in the post BWC depression for about as long as I can cope with and realizing that every decision I made there is not infallible simply because it was made there, I am starting, I think, to actually move into something that, while it may or may not work, is at the very least, a movement, a reaction it may be but hopefully the momentum will be enough to... I dunno, change something. Tomorrow night, the first day of the fast no less, I have my first gig in limerick in well over 18 months and I am crazily nervous... crazily. All I can do is play, and see what happens. In theory I have 2 tours coming up around Ireland at least but if all goes perfectly it'll be 3 and if not, as the pessimist in me is leaning towards there shall be no touring. I shall simply have to wait, or act really, and see where that goes. And if that turns out to be nowhere, I suppose I can always go back to the theatre, my first love...(sigh) I wish all engaged in our fast a spiritually fruitful 19 days, and a belated happy Ayyam-i-ha. For those of you doing it for the first time; use it, think while you are doing it about why you are doing it, and stay strong in the face of the sandwich and the coffee that you will get offered by friends and family not doing the fast, and remember that they are only doing it to be nice. While it may be insensitive, it is still a nice gesture. God bless. ( posted from my lounge on march 1st 2007)

1 comment:

not specified said...

I find the best course of action when people offer you food is to kick them in the teeth and mention that is an example of what offering temptation to you during the fast will do to ur soul.