Friday 23 March 2007

Making music for movies.

This post must begin with a full frontal apology. Leili I am truly sorry that I didn't inform you of my visit to the U.S. Of A., and I am also sorry that since you have not made your profile public I don't know which Leili you are, although I'm guessing that it is the Leili who studied global prosperity for a long ass time. And if it is you, I am sorry again, I shoulda hollah'd at ya homie. and If its not Leili T then comment again and let me know that it is you who deserves a cup of tea and a how are ya. Well it seems that the Lord did not reserve the previously mentioned job for me, and to be honest I'm grateful, the only thing good about it was that it came with a qualification at the end of it, but the awful money for the hours, and the fact that I would be surrounded by B.S. all day made it really unappealing, however it was a steady job and paycheck with a qualification at the end of it. I have always known that I wanted to be a musician, not a starving artist who wants to change the world through music, some one who makes music and makes a living form making music, a session musician; one who plays music for people who need it played, like singers and people who don't play themselves but need my skills for some reason. However this is a tough game to get into and I'm not sure how to go about it, so if anyone has any advice share let me hear it, or even better if anyone has any gigs I'll take them. I'm setting up a website and getting a portfolio together to make this happen and just to say it out loud I want to end up making music for movies and cartoons (I did actually say it aloud I typed it, so don't call me a liar.) Things are still quiet on the home front except for a gig in Cork on Sunday with Kiernan, its a session musician gig, in that I'm playing Kiernans stuff with him and getting paid for it, hopefully I can use that to start stuff going. I'm going to take some photos of "where I live" at the behest of Ms. Tyson, so fear not Milly, there will be manys the "rustic scene" and "portrait of Modern Ireland" to stoke your romantic ideas of my homeland. So this is me signing off for now, I enjoyed that post I must say. I love the self gratification of blogging, its a good excuse for the modern man to introspect and then post it for all the world to see. Its very gratifying to be that vain and think and talk of only one's self, I do find it therapeutic. God Bless and a Happy Naw Ruz to you all.

4 comments:

not specified said...

dude theres a chick in london thats a friend of mine, she did animation and i think may be in the loop of things. Perhaps u could approach her and see if theres some one to hook u up with a position.

Groovetroll said...

Seriously who is "Not Specified", I think its the Vulkan Pfaf man but i'm not sure, could you please give me a hint or just tell me. Don't get wrong I love the commenting but, like you gave me advice in this one and I can't follow it up, because i don't know who to go to. But thanks for the advice though. Much love.

Leili said...

Ooh, I'm famous and immortalized!

Dude, it's ok, just give us a holler next time and we will be glad and excited to hang out. I heard your arrival was a wee bit rough.

I like your concept from the other post that we cannot unread things. Did you know that once we learn to read, barring aphasia or other brain injury, we cannot go back to the pre-reading state? That is, we can no longer look at letters and see only shapes and squiggles. We automatically try to read the shapes and squiggles.

not specified said...

kev u spastic turn on annonomous commenting so my name does come up on the comments.

vulkan phaffman