Friday 30 March 2007

Blogging might really be Magick (the K is to ward off evil spirits.)

So, the last post done and awaiting comment from my stalwart reader, I went about my business, of doing nothing and hoping things would then happen by Magick(see above), when they did, and now, not fully sure of how or why but truly grateful, I'm on tour around Ireland with a band. Sweet. I'm touring with a young man by the name of Kiernan McMullen, a tasty little singer songwriter with a hell of a live act, he has a bassist and a drummer with him already and he asked me to sit in with them and be the second voice and the guitar, to which I said, "Hell Yeah" then apologised for loosing my cool and calmly said, " I'll check and see if I'm free." Kiernan and I go back a ways, nearly 6 years at this stage so we have played together a lot, I taught him how to play 9th chords and was a voice on the path of jazz for him (his words, I just agree and like telling people), we have jammed together for at least a million hours, over the 6 years and would have seen each other nearly every day for a lot of that seeing as how we went to school together. So far we've done 2 gigs of the tour, one with just the two of us down in Cork and one as the Band in Galway, both gigs were new and kinda fun but there is some tightening of the bolts required and tightened they shall be damn it, but for what they were I think they went well I have to say. We're playing in Kilkenny this weekend and then there are many more gigs after that around the place but I will keep people informed as to the progress. I would tell people to check the Kiernan out on myspace but genuinely I don't think the recording do him justice, he is really great live and its a pleasure to play with him. Really there is no other news, I would just like to thank anyone who busted out some prayers for me over the last few weeks, this is not the biggest thing in the world, but it is big for me and its nice and comfy as well, so thanks. I'm still looking for more people to play with as the experience and the money would be much needed but hey I'm chuffed at the starting of things. God Bless

1 comment:

Leili said...

Congratulations! And keep on breaking legs. Break lots of legs!