Saturday 14 April 2007

Well now.... that requires some explination.

Touring... is fun, that's kinda all I can say about it, thus far. Settling in with the band has been interesting, in a good way I mean. Good musicians who like what they play and how I fit into that sound, and lovely guys to boot. Almost all the gigs have gone in some way wrong thus far, bad sound, early curfews and getting pulled over by the federalies on 3 separate occasions, oh yeah and a serious lack of crowdage have made it difficult to really enjoy them, but the music is good and we play well together, so in those 35-40 minutes its great. Last night we played the penultimate gig on the tour in my home town and it was a stomper, great support act who is a really good friend of mine, loads of support from a really solid crowd and we headlined and played the tightest gig we've played to date, the crowd loved it and we had time to actually play together instead of just playing the music and getting off, we cracked jokes and changed lyrics on the spot and generally just had a hoot. Its gigs like that that make this musician thing seem plausible. I'm working on a portfolio of about 6 pieces for the sake of it really, to practice writing pieces in different styles and themes, and I just "purchased" some really good software that should help. I'll be posting the first few on myspace/omalleysguitar soon enough but until I have them at a level I like everyone needs to go to myspace.com/noblesounds and http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=176124077, two really talented Baha'i musicians who deserve real support. I am aware that this post sucks, is unfunny and uninteresting, but I'm on the road and I'm tired and I'm actually doing OK, as long as I don't think about my ex... oh there it is. Be well my friends.

No comments: