Wednesday 31 January 2007

The End...?

So Koichi has left us, the second of my comrades in commencement, and there were much tears and "NO I'll miss you more"-ing, as is to be expected on such a momentous and life changing day...oh no wait there wasn't. I went out to Akko the day before he left and came back that night, went and kicked it at his flat while he packed, we went to eat on Ben Gurion and then came up the mountain to see some of the other folk to whom Gouch meant a lot. No ceremony, no fannying about and no girlyness. Jordan you can be sure that all men were manly and women were strong and feminine. I had work the next day and thus would not be able to see Gouch off to the Airport so we said good bye, a real goodbye on Hatzionut, involving the correct amount of hugging and promising of contact keeping and I was off to bed and the Asian Stalian was off to finish socializing and presumably finish packing at some stage. A neat ending to a neatly begun experience that, if I have any luck, will extend further into the land of friendship then it already has.
By no means do I mean to purvey flippancy at Koichi's leaving, as I've said he is a damn good man, and one that I definitely did not see enough of, but it was a "matter of fact goodbye", and very appropriate knowing who was involved. My relationship to Gouch has been somewhat of a counter point to my relationship with Anis (I was wandering when I was going to bring him up. Jesus, I hope this is the last time.) I did not share in Gouch's experience as we served in different departments, I never kicked it one on one with him on Hillel street at 4 in the morning after evening shift, talking about life, the universe and everything, juat mutual respect and a common cause leading to a solid friendship that is more than important enough to warrant a diatribe on a blog (or does my use of language in this post so far inspire me to spell it "blouge". I think that would be straying to far across the line of self aggrandizing and well into bullshit.) and I will miss him dearly no matter how much emailing and I.M.ing and network tool using is done. In other news I have officially finished work, I am no longer a security guard at The B.W.C. and all I can say about my last shift is that it rocked out loud!! Stories best told in person and not left to silly misinterpretation on by any Joe Stupid-dude who happens to fall across my blog, unlike a lot of folk on "myspace" I understand that the internet is visible to others and not just a fancy diary. So its all packing and cleaning and getting ready for Clorins wedding, which means the purchasing of a suit...God! guide me... and much guitar practising, it seems I will be playing for the whole ceremony and seating process. On the lighter side It looks like I'm going to America for 4 days on the 16th to attend the Neby conference... WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO. Through much help and cajoling from both friends and even my parents I decided that even though money is really tight, I should go and see the people that were here when first I started this journey into "me", and get the spirit down in my heart. There will be reports between now and then, and if not then probably a monster one after it. To sign off, I say farewell to thee oh Gouch-i-boy. May all go well and your first son be a masculine one. (Hey no pictures of Anis at least, yeah I'm phasing him out, that’s what I'm doing.)

No comments: